среда, 29 ноября 2017 г.

A thing that you don't want is dear at any price


A thing that you don't want is dear at any price

A thing that you don't want is dear at any price. Some people asked me what that proverb meant. Before I answer this question, I should first consider what a proverb is. 

Proverbs mean short folk sayings with a cautionary meaning. They express the people's mind and experience, accumulated for many generations. According to proverbs, we can understand the values of the nations. Also, they show different aspects of people's lives. 

Well, what does the proverb 'A thing that you do not want is dear at any price' mean? This is a warning for people who like to buy useless things if they are cheap. If you do not want a thing, however cheap it may be, it is dear because it is useless for you. How to use this proverb properly? I am going to explain it on an example. 

Imagine two talking friends, Kate and Mary.

Kate: Oh my Gosh! Look at this amazing sale for a cage for birds! I want to buy it. 
Mary: If I am not mistaken, you don't have a bird. Am I right?
Kate: Yes, that's true but this cage is so cheap... Where is a cashdesk?
Mary: A think that you don't want is dear at any price...

Well, I hope you understood what that proverb meant. Bear in mind, don't buy a thing you don't need just because of its cheapness.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий